Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Salade Nicoise

In the morning I like to sit, sip my coffee and work on my pc. I don't like to make breakfast. This is one of the meals I definitely would love to eat outside. I could have taken advantage of my little Mei mei still sleeping to make something nicer, instead I spent my time in front of the pc savouring my long coffee.

The good thing is that this morning I didn't feel that hungry. Around 10:00 I had a slice of salmon and a tomato dressed with EVOO, fleur de sel and some chives.


For lunch I had a Salad Nicoise: some lettuce, tuna in EVOO, nicoise olives, tomatoes, hard boild eggs and a little red onion. I didn't have anchovies. The weather was really bad outside, calling for a stew but I truly enjoyed my salad.


After lunch I had my coffee and melon. 
For snack, with the children, at around 4:00 o'clock, I had some  cashew nuts, grapes and a small prune.

Dinner was easy, I had some emergency protein in the fridge: some duck leg confit, which I slowly reheated in the oven. cauliflower "steak" and some some saute oyster mushrooms.
Problem is that when I make dinner for the children around 6:30-7:00 o'clock I'm hungry and I keep snacking on their food. My husband is coming home from work to late, so it means that most of the time we had dinner at 9:30-10:00 PM! Truly South Italian or Spanish times!
So everybody goes to sleep late and I'm definitely not getting enough sleep.
Here I say it, since my son was born I've not had a full time uninterrupted night of sleep in the last 5 years! Although my daugther sleep is much better than my son at the same age, I still breastfeed her in the night. And, if she goes the same path as her brother, I don't think she is going to wean or sleep through the night until she is 3. 

Do you want to see how dinner looked like? 

Here it is!

I think in the Perfect Health Diet, the Jaminets would discard the skin because too rich in omega 6 but we really love it!

Maybe I would write down how I make my cauliflower steak



 






No comments:

Post a Comment